“By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” – William Shakespeare
“Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.” – William Shakespeare
“Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve.” – Ray Bradbury
“Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, ‘Never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said, ‘Go beg for it.’ ” – Rita Rudner
“Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.” – Unknown
“Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!” – Rusty Fisher
“I wish I may, I wish I might give you the pleasure of a Halloween fright.” – Unknown
“Being normal is vastly overrated.” – Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown
It’s only a week to go until our favorite monster holiday of the year – Halloween! Are you safe enough to go trick and treating this year?
There are many alternatives to going out in COVID-19 season this year, but that doesn’t mean the spook-tacular season can’t still be enjoyed!
How about doing some of the following activities instead:
- Get active – dress up as your favorite monster and take a walk around your street/neighbourhood to see all the houses that have been decorated for Halloween!
- Get bright – instead of using candles in your carved pumpkin, try to use a battery-powered LED light inside this to reduce any risk of flames or fire.
- Get colourful – decorate the outside of your home with a ghoulish/spook-tastic/monstrous Halloween theme – so that your family and all your neighbours can enjoy the sights!
- Get responsible – its your job to look after your kids, so don’t let them go out trick or treating if this is not allowed. Or if it is allowed, make sure they are wearing the necessary precautions (mask/any other safety gear) to protect them and others.
- Get social – take plenty of pictures and videos of your spooky house decorations, your costumes and activities – and share these on virtually on social media using hashtag #mymonsterrocks for a chance to win wonderful prizes! You can also play Hallowe’en games or tell spooky stories during your online party with your costumes, decorations and ghostly treats and snacks!
- Get wise about treats – if your kids can’t go out trick-and-treating this year, rather buy your own candy, sweets and chocolates before Halloween to give to your kids so they don’t miss out. Also try to reduce the amount of sugar and HFCS they get in if at all possible! Or even better, make them with your kids! We’ll link to some great recipe sites before the big day to make sure this will still be a Halloween to remember!
We worked with 5 artists to create the wonderfully creative and scary-cool monsters you see on this site!
First we brainstormed with our kids for a list of cool monsters they’d like to see. And not just for Halloween, but throughout the year!
After we had a huge list of our potential monsters, we found some of the most creative artists we could online, and asked them which monsters they’d be interested in doing.
From this list, the great artists send us some initial sketches, and we gave some minor comments on these before the final art was done!
Then it was time for coloring of the final art! Mostly these were spot on by our great creative team!
Then we converted the final art to both shadow-forms for the “Who am I?” competitions, and also for made the final art into coloring pages for our great audience to download for them and their kids!
While all this was happening, we also had to create a logo for the monster post cards and calendars, as well as learn how to set up a WordPress site with an ecommerce store! After following some guides and tutorials and watching a few videos the result is where you’re reading this!
And finally we’re launching our last identify-the-monsters-by-their-shadows competition!
The first person to correctly identify all of these from this link wins a prize!
These are from our monsters suitable for 13+ year olds, so these are scary, hip & fun monsters!
And we’re launching our second competition!
There are 31 awesome monster shadows in this linke, the first person to correctly identify all of them wins a prize!
These are from our monsters suitable for 7-12 year olds, so these are scary-cool monsters!
And we’re launching our first competition!
There are 31 awesome monster shadows below, the first person to correctly identify all of them wins a prize!
These are from our monsters suitable for 2-6 year olds, so these are cool, but not-too-scary monsters!
We’re counting down the days until Halloween, and we have the coolest monsters to show you!
We had the idea to create monsters for Halloween and monster parties in 2019, and this year we decided to go all-out on this to get this up and running!
We’re going to be showing you some of the coolest, the scariest and the funnest monsters you’ll ever see for ages 2-6, 7-12 and 13 and up!